Friday, June 9, 2017

Beauty Brawl '17: Primer


Welcome to day seven of the Beauty Brawl! Today we are reviewing primers. I chose the Hanalei Aloe Soothing Gel. I got a sample in my ipsy and it's skincare and a primer so I thought that was really interesting.




  • Product - 85
  • Packaging - 85
  • Price - 80
Aloe Vera is naturally regenerative so it helps to balance out any redness or uneven skin tone. This product also helps to cool and moisturize the skin. The crazy thing is they say it is also perfect for a makeup base. I used it with my matte foundation and I really didn't notice a difference but it did last all day. I think it works best as skincare but if you want to also use it as a primer I suggest trying it with a BB cream. It would be nice for natural summer makeup. I don't like the aloe smell. I have a headache after smelling it so much.

The packaging is nice. It's a pretty green ombre with just the Brand and name of the product. It is $30 so it's not budget friendly and I have to remind myself it's also skincare. I think it is a good product but I don't see a big difference so I'm not sure it's worth the price.

Check out Rachel's blog to see her choice. Our hashtag is #BeautyBrawl. 

*All graphics designed by Emma Drury



No comments:

Post a Comment