Friday, December 18, 2015

Blogger Christmas Beauty Brawl: Foundation


Hello ladies! I can't believe it is day five already. We are a week away from Christmas and I am still having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit. I honestly think it's because there isn't any snow on the ground yet. I'm used to blizzards and 20 below (not that I want that). Back to the brawl we are talking about foundation. I chose bareMinerals Original Foundation.







What it does

With just five pure ingredients, bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation delivers flawless coverage and the creamy minerals are clinically proven to improve the appearance of skin over time. It looks like a powder, feels like a cream, and buffs on like silk, giving skin a natural luminosity while feeling as if you are not wearing any makeup at all.

Packaging:  The packaging does its job but it's very simple. I like that you can twist it shut. It's just not my favorite. Tarte's packaging is so much nicer. 

Smell:  It has a faint smell. It's not unpleasant but I can smell it every once in a while when I am wearing it.

Texture/Finish: It has a very creamy/ powder feel.

Application: You have to tap a little bit of product into the lid then swirl the brush then tap excess product off. Then you need to apply a thin layer and repeat. Honestly it's too much work. I would much rather pour some liquid foundation on the back of my hand and use a brush. That's what's easier for me.

Effectiveness: Does this product work? Yes. If you have time to buff it into your skin it looks nice. I took it on my birthday trip because I knew it would be super hot so I wanted something light and it was very nice. It also was good at covering the very unattractive sunburn I got without irritating my skin too much.

Value For Money: You get .28 oz for $28 so the price isn't too bad compared to other brands.

Availability:You can find it at Sephora or Ulta.

Check out Susannah's blog to see her choice. Follow our hashtag #bxbeautybrawl on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. 

What foundation should I try next?


 






No comments:

Post a Comment